[TRLog] mode change solution

Subject: [TRLog] mode change solution
From: k4lta@icx.net (Bill O'Kain)
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 20:08:22 -0800
Just a short explanation of how I solved my problem with the mode changing
randomly from c.w. to ssb, even in the receive mode.  Previously, I had
been running my Voice synthisizer on comport 2 with my Omni 6 being
controlled by comport 4 and my packet on comport 1. By disconnecting the
voice synthisizer and noticing the problem was gone, I then reconfigured my
system putting the radio on comport, packet on comport 4, with my voice
synthisizer on comport 1.  This has solved my problem.  I don't have
anything on comport 3 but use this for a network to hook up anotheer
computer when we run multi-single, once in a great while.  It remains to be
seen if the voice synthisizer will conflict with any device on comport 3,
but I will worry about that another day.  If so, an answer might be to go
to a dectalkpc internal voice synthisizer board which has its own comport
and does not use one of the regular serial ports on the computer.  Thanks
to Tree and all the others who helped me with this problem.
73 de bill k4lta