[TRLog] SBDVP woes

Subject: [TRLog] SBDVP woes
From: gbaron@sparc.isl.net (Gilbert Baron)
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 1997 00:29:27 GMT
>On Wed, 12 Nov 1997 15:44:46 +0000, you wrote:

>Hello-
>I am trying to use the SDBVP software with TR. However, once I set
>the DVP on command in TR, and load the TSR, following the way it is
>stated in the manual, I then go to record, and follow the manual's
>instructions (TR) for recording. All I get is a 1 second PSST from
>the radio as it keys up. I have tried all kinds of cables, redone
>them and everything possible to make sure there's no RF. I even went
>to the dummy load and used 1 watt.

Record does not work for me either. The only thing you can do is
record with wave studio if you have the creative labs stuff and then
use that file after renaming it. Save the .wav as if you accidently
record it destroys your file on exit. It is not very good anyway, the
quality is really poor. I don't see how it is usable.
>Some other machine info:
>Network Interface Card on IRQ 7
>I noticed that SBDVP uses IRQ 7. I've tried changing the network card
>to another free port. When I do this SBDVP still doesn't work....
>
>Help!?!!
>de n9yxa
>Cedrick Johnson - N9YXA - Z2/N9YXA
>10-10: 67368, Soc. Of Midwest Contesters
>Aurora, IL 60506-2134
>Packet: n9yxa@w9zmr.en52va.il.us.na
>DX Cluster Home Node: K9AJ- Crete, IL

Gil Baron W0MN gbaron@sparc.isl.net
Bailar es vivir" pgp2.6 key http://www-swiss.ai.mit.edu/~bal/pks-toplev.html
"Cuatro caminos hay en mi vida. Cual de los cuatro sera el mejor"
[Posted with Agent 1.5. For info, email agent-info@forteinc.com.]