[TRLog] Bug report for 6.18

Subject: [TRLog] Bug report for 6.18
From: w9cf@ptolemy.la.asu.edu (Kevin Schmidt)
Date: Sat, 6 Dec 1997 22:39:54 GMT
The DVP interface bug still occurs in TR version 6.18. I verified this by
booting up in DOS 6.22 with no AUTOEXEC.BAT or CONFIG.SYS files. I used
a boot floppy, but hitting F8 (or whatever key lets you tell the machine
to not run CONFIG.SYS and AUTOEXEC.BAT) will work. If immediately after
a reboot, I start DVPTSR and then TR in a directory that contains only
the logcfg.dat file

my call = w9cf
contest = cq ww
display mode = color
mode = ssb
dvp enable = true

TR reports the wrong shared memory area 8000:XXXX where I haven't
bothered to write down the offset, but the obviously wrong segment of
8000 is reported.  The same thing happens with version 0.97 and
probably earlier versions of my SBDVP TSR, indicating the problem is in
TR not in SBDVP or DVPTSR. If I exit and restart TR, it will report the
correct shared memory address. Running with my normal AUTOEXEC.BAT and
CONFIG.SYS, I sometimes get the error and sometimes don't depending on
how things are loaded in memory and what I have run before. It is
repeatable on boot up from the configuration above on 3 different
computers here. Using TR after it reports the wrong address (rather
than immediately exiting) generally causes my computer to lock up soon
afterwards as would be predicted. I suspect this may be the cause of
some of the crashes reported earlier when using DVPTSR or SBDVP.

73 Kevin w9cf
Kevin Schmidt w9cf@ptolemy.la.asu.edu
Department of Physics and Astronomy
Arizona State University, Tempe, AZ 85287-1504
(602) 965-8240
(602) 965-7954 (FAX)