[TRLog] Remote controlled RX with TRLOG

Subject: [TRLog] Remote controlled RX with TRLOG
From: ingemar.fogelberg@swipnet.se (Ingemar Fogelberg)
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 1997 09:31:09 +0100
I am looking some information about
remote controlling a receiver with TRLOG.

My idea is to control the remote receiver with
TRLOG in a configuration like this:

LOCAL SITE

  PC/TRLOG <---> TNC <---> VHF-transceiver <---> Antenna

                audio <--- UHF-transceiver <---  Antenna

REMOTE SITE

  HF-receiver <---> TNC <---> VHF-transceiver <---> Antenna

     |----> UHF-transceiver ---> Antenna

Some notes
  * The TNC's are connected and put in a transparent mode
    before they are connected to TRLOG.
  * The connect status signal is used to key PTT on the
    UHF-transceiver on the remote site.

Questions:
  * Has anyone done something like this?
  * Is a 1200 bps TNC enough for tuning or should I
    go for higher data rates?
  * Is the quality of the audio good enough for
    receiving weak signals?

Any hints or comments are welcome!

73 de Ingo / SM0AJV