[TRLog] PTT and QSK

Subject: [TRLog] PTT and QSK
From: becker@SPRINTMAIL.COM (Tony and Celia Becker)
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 1997 22:52:28 -0700
Hi Tree!

At 10:12 PM 12/14/97 -0800, Tree  N6TR <n6tr@teleport.com> wrote:
>I heard a local during the contest on phone who had a delay after
>his CQ machine finished the CQ.  He would often miss the first
>letter of the callsign.  PTT control of the radio is the ONLY way
>to go!  I guess break-in is also okay, but I think it adds a lot
>of fatique and isn't as useful with two radios.

One thing which still bugs me is the way the PTT delay works on CW if you
sent the delay to 0 dits.  It leaves the PTT permanently active!

What it intuitively should do is deactivate after a delay equal to the turn
on delay.  This would allow those of us who find QSK advantageous to use
TRLog ' PTT feature.  With the adjustable turn on delay, we could even use
it with non-QSK amps at slow speed.

Also a low priority.

73

AE0M, Tony Becker - becker@sprintmail.com - Silicon Valley, USA