[TRLog] > 64 Meg of memory

Subject: [TRLog] > 64 Meg of memory
From: blckhole@ripco.com (Keith Morehouse)
Date: Fri, 16 Jan 1998 10:05:20 -0600
Tree N6TR wrote:

> Are there other people who have access to machines with 64 or 128
> megabytes who can comment on how TR is doing on those machines?

I'm running TR on a Cyrix PR166+ machine with 64MB of memory.  I run it
in DOS X.X (the "DOS" that comes with WIN95) without booting the GUI.
In other words, I'm NOT running TR in a DOS shell under WIN95, but under
DOS alone.

I have not had any problems with TR in this configuration.  I HAVE had,
however, problems with WIN95 instability that do not show up on the same
machines running with 32MB or less memory.  Coincidence ?  Maybe.

Tree, how many Q's can I expect to log if I start with the TR memory
counter at 70KB (35 KB or so after hitting TRMASTER the first time) ??
I must load several drivers and TSR's before TR (PCI bus I/O card, CVB,
ect...) that take up room.  I shoved 1000 SS Q's into it with no problem
but am wondering what would happen in a REAL contest (multi-op, 5000
Q's) ??

PROBE ELECTRONICS 100 Higgins Road, Park Ridge IL 60068 USA
Keith J. Morehouse /  W9RM  / Society of Midwest Contesters
847-696-2828  FAX: 847-698-2045  e-mail: blckhole@ripco.com