[TRLog] New computer

Subject: [TRLog] New computer
From: kc5ajx@hotmail.com (Rick Bullon)
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 15:43:49 GMT
  Hello all,
  I just order a new computer YEAH. I have have to use the old computer
in the shack Yuck! My question is I need to get Ham software for the old
computer( the computer for the shack is a Compaq 100mhz pentium 16 meg
ram 1.8 gig hd 4x cd rom) I am going to use TRlog for contesting (Tree I
will send you an order soon) I would like to ask for reccomdations for
logging software for general QSO's. I want to be able to easily convert
TRlog logs to the general log also I work TEN TEN and paperchasing on 10
meters ( for those who don't know what this is it is kinda like a
continual contest on 10 meters).
  The shack has a Kenwood 940 I have a if 10b for the rig but need the
cable from the rig to the computer. I have heard that the MFJ cable has
problems so I think I need to use the one from the makers of Prolog.
  I know I'm going to need extra serial ports but there has already been
a thread on that subject sio I will check that out in the archives.
  I have aa AEA PK 232mbx for a tnc so I will need software for packet,
any reccomomdations for this also will be welcome
   I'm goin to send this to the contesting reflector also so I can get
more input on the subject.
  I know I've choosen the best contest software as I downloaded both
TRLog and CT to see which I liked better CT NEVER worked and I like the
suporrt that Tree and George give for TRLog
  Thanks in advance
73
Rick
KC5AJX