[TRLog] very minor bug

Subject: [TRLog] very minor bug
From: k5na@bga.com (Richard L. King)
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 1998 16:43:49
I found a very minor bug using packet with TR Log. This is how to recreate it.

I am in S/P mode and I tune across a station that I want to spot. The
Packet Spot Edit parameter is on and I put the station's callsign (A51PN)
in the callsign window. I then hit the "`" key and the SPOT = window comes
up with the spot data in it.

Now for some reason, I decide that I don't want to spot the station and I
want to cancel the spot entirely. It take four hits of the ESC key to clear
it out and I lose the callsign window data in the process. Here is what you
see:

After spot setup        SPOT = DX 7005.8 A51PN # (# represents the cursor)
After first ESC         SPOT = #
After second ESC        SPOT =          (Cursor has moved to callsign field)
After third ESC         SPOT =          (Callsign field is cleared)
After fourth ESC                        (Spot field is finally cleared)

I think the spot field should be cleared and removed with one ESC key and
the callsign field left intact. Is there some reason that it works this way?

73, Richard

K5NA@BGA.COM
http://www.realtime.net/~k5na