[TRLog] 3 bugs and ways to make entry slick.

Subject: [TRLog] 3 bugs and ways to make entry slick.
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 09:14:59 -0500
At 01:17 PM 2/10/98 -0800, Tree wrote:
>> Sprint is a tough contest without a computer!
>
>Sprint is a tough contest.  Also, whenever anyone tells me they
>are going to use TR for the first time in a Sprint, I always
>try to talk them into doing the Oregon QSO Party (or some other
>bland event) first.
>
>Tree

Boy, you got that right.  My favorite error sequence is:

(having failed to switch to CQ mode, but needing to make an S&P QSO)

1.  Enter call-sign in call window.  Hit <enter>.
2.  TR begins sending CQ Exchange
3.  Hit <esc> to stop CW
4.  Hit <Tab> to switch to S&P mode
5.  Hit <enter> to try to send my call (with cursor still in Exchange window)
6.  Dissolve in total confusion.

Even if I hadn't been having a bad brain day last Saturday, this is still a
sequence that happens to me more than it should.  Would there be any
utility in having the program respond to the Tab key (when in CQ mode) by
returning to S&P mode, emptying the call-sign window, and returning the
cursor to the call-sign wondow (i.e. resetting all the way to the beginning
of the S&P sequence)?

At least that way I could just hit the space-bar to redump my call.  Or
would that screw up other things?

73,

Pete N4ZR

In Wild Wonderful, fairly rare WEST Virginia