[TRLog] TRMASTER Bug

Subject: [TRLog] TRMASTER Bug
From: n6tr@teleport.com (Tree N6TR)
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 13:06:20 -0800 (PST)
During the weekend, we saw the "TRMASTER" bug two or three times
at my QTH with N5KO operating.  Symptoms are having the LOG.TMP
window go blank (along with the LOG.TMP file), your characters in
the call window disappear although, your cursor is still in the
right place.  The program may also hang or bomb.

I beileve several of you have seen the same problem and have fixed
it by rebuilding your TRMASTER.DTA file.

Assuming it had something to do with a corrupted TRMASTER file, I devised
a number of tests to try and find a problem.  I even generated some
code to process all possible ASCII combinations from 000 to ZZZ and
look up partial calls for them.  Everything seemed to work okay (it
took all night to run this test).

I also used the TR READ function to read back in the N5KO log, while
receiving a packet spot a second from another computer using the
TR PACKETSIMULATE function.  Again, no failures.

I am starting to wonder if it has something to do with the
interaction of the program with either the operating system
or SMARTDRV (which I am using).

So, if you have had this failure, please send me a brief summary
of your environment.  Also, if you believe you have the failure
tracked down to a specific callisng with a certain database, I would
love to hear from you.

I really want to get to the bottom of this before the ARRL DX SSB
weekend.

Tree