[TRLog] QCWA

Subject: [TRLog] QCWA
From: n6tr@teleport.com (Tree N6TR)
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 07:55:53 -0800 (PST)
Last night, I once again say down at the computer after the kids
were in bed and picked up the new rules for the QCWA contest with
the intent of implementing the required changes to the program.

Once again, I started the process, soon felt overwhelmed by the
number of changes, and went to bed.

This time, I was also trying for a "minimal" implementation.  I
will try one more time, but I am not optimistic I will be successful.

There are two factors working against this contest:

1. The rules are unusual.

2. The rules have changed every year.

I guess if I felt that if I implemented this, and then the rules
wouldn't change next year, I would be more motivated.

There is a line in the rules about reading some document (which
I don't have) to understand why they changed the rules.  As near
as I can tell, the reason for changing them was to make sure
no logging software supported the contest.

I am very sorry to those who I have "promised" doing something
for this contest.  I really intended to implement it, but I am
close to the point of just being too frustrated with it to
continue.

73 Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com