[TRLog] Multi crashes

Subject: [TRLog] Multi crashes
From: n6tr@teleport.com (Tree N6TR)
Date: Tue, 14 Apr 1998 07:56:42 -0700 (PDT)
The folks at N6RO during the recent WPX test enjoyed the new memory
savings that 6.24 produced, but had to deal with the program crashing
from time to time.

I am "happy" to report that I have been able to reproduce a similar
crash with the following configuration:

Computer #1: Connected to packet and multi network.
Computer #2: Connected to multi network.

Last night, when doing a sh/dx/100 from either computer, the one
NOT connected to the packet TNC would crash after a dozen or so
entries.  I was able to make it crash without the DVP enabled and
without the band map being displayed.

In case this is data dependant, I have saved the sh/dx/100 results to
a file and can write a little program to make TR resend it over the
network.

This appears to be related to the process of receiving packet spots
over the network.  I could not make the same computer crash simply
by sending the same data to it via the packet port.

I will update the list on my progress.  Now that I can reproduce the
problem consistently, I fully expect to be able to zero in on root
cause and have this fixed shortly.  I was not looking forward to
going to Dayton with this bug unresolved.

73 Tree N6TR
tree@contesting.com