[TRLog] W9XT Contest Card & Mixed Mode Operation

Subject: [TRLog] W9XT Contest Card & Mixed Mode Operation
From: n6tr@teleport.com (Tree N6TR)
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 1998 08:30:45 -0700 (PDT)
> I am new user for TRLog, and have a Contest Card on order, hence I am
> unable to play with the hardware myself right now to find this out, but
> I'm trying to be ready for Canada Day 'test July one, so any help even
> before my card gets here would help. Anything I should know about
> configuring TRLog and W9XT Contest Card to work CW es SSB in the same
> contest where mode shifting is/should be instantaneous? If the W9XT card
> is configured for DVK, will it key the rig in CW w/o modification (ie
> plug and play for CW if DVK works?)

Well - mostly.

You can control which port your CW and DVK are on separately.  So,
all you need to do is make sure you specify the same port for both.

If you look in the manual in Appendix C, there are some mods that
allow you to use the W9XT card for paddle input and to support the
PTT output.  These would be nice, but aren't necessary for basic
operation with just the CW output.

Tree