[TRLog] date error - PC or TR Log

Subject: [TRLog] date error - PC or TR Log
From: n4gn@iglou.com (Tim Totten, N4GN)
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 1998 18:57:37 -0400 (EDT)
On Mon, 22 Jun 1998, Pete Smith wrote:

> Since this date is obtained from DOS, I assume that the error was there.  I
> was running DOS 6.22 at the time.  Has anyone ever heard of a circumstance
> where the date fails to roll over at 0000?

Yep.  This is a known problem, and every case that I know of (all 6)
involves a Compaq laptop.  At least four of the six are specifically on
the Contura Aero 4/33C model.  It seems to happen every time a DOS
application is running at the 2359/0000 transition.  In other words, it's
NOT a TR Log problem.

I'd love to know if anyone has experienced this on any other model, or has
a solution.  Meanwhile, here's what I do in my logcfg.dat file to help
avoid the annoying search and replace routine after the contest:

REMINDER = 2359 ON ALL
Use Alt-T to fix date error after 0000Z

73,

Tim Totten, n4gn@iglou.com