[TRLog] DX mults

Subject: [TRLog] DX mults
From: vr2bg@harts.org.hk (VR98BrettGraham)
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 1998 03:50:47 +0000
In cobbling something together to reasonably support last weekend's
Seanet CW contest, I found hacking CTY.DAT down to just those countries
that count as mults was the only way I could get DX mults to work
correctly - the possible DX mult types are somewhat limited.

Unfortunately, this then breaks beam headings, distances &
ascending/decending earth turns (sunrise & sunset to those who still
think the sun revolves around the earth) for everything else one works
that was removed from CTY.DAT in order to get the mults right.

It would be nice to have a DX mult file choice - like for domestic
mults - in order to handle situations like this.

Likewise, being able to point to a specific CTY.DAT file would be nice,
rather than relying on the DOS PATH environment variable & a mess of
subdirectories.  I have one directory for the program & a subdirectory
for the files, which makes it easy to back up things up & transport
across to other computers for safe keeping.  I'm forever forgetting to
change back to a "clean" CTY.DAT after a contest where I have tweaked
things for the remaining mults display (which is a _cool_ feature).  But
then I'm a non-conformist & feel that PATH defeats the purpose of
having a directory structure in the first place...  ;^)

73, VR98BrettGraham