[TRLog] TR Log and WAE

Subject: [TRLog] TR Log and WAE
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Tue, 11 Aug 1998 19:16:20 -0500
Wow!  What can I say, but Wow!  What a program!

Friday evening, I was fooling around the radio and thought I
would check out TR Log in WAE.  Maybe even play in the contest
for a couple of hours....

This was my first WAE in many years.  The last was while I was
still doing paper logging and I can recall the paperwork headache
that QTC's posed for me then.

What a neat, neat program, Tree!

There were a couple of hiccups during the contest when getting
ready to send the QTC nn/nn message, but I need to sit down with
TR Log and try to make them happen again...90 percent sure it was
me, though...  as usual.

One question, though, Tree/George/Anyone...

It happened that I sent a string of 7 QTC's to a station.  He
acknowledged them.  I type "Y" to indicated they have been ack'ed
and to save them.  They then disappeard from the screen.
Unfortunately, the station then asked for a fill ....
fortunately, it was simply the callsign of one of the QTC's and I
happened to remember it.  But, what if I hadn't been able to
recall it?  Is there a quick way to see the QTC's just sent
displayed again? After I sent him the fill, wiped my brow in
relief, I realized that the only way I know is to go to DOS and
review the text file of QTC's.   Is there an alternate method to
that?

hmmm...that wasn't one question, was it....oh well..sorry about
that.

73,
dale, kg5u

Dale Martin, KG5U