[TRLog] [CQ-Contest] Re: Default Zone in Contest Software (fwd)

Subject: [TRLog] [CQ-Contest] Re: Default Zone in Contest Software (fwd)
From: geoiii@kkn.net (George Fremin III)
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 1998 16:04:28 -0700 (PDT)
dave@egh.com writes:

>Hi,
>
>       The pause mentioned is the time period it takes any of us to:
>
>               1. tab over to the zone field
>               2. backspace out the wrong digit
>               3. type in the right digit
>
>       Step #1 is quicker at the beginning of the contest when we can still
>remmeber where the tab key is, and what we use it for, than at the end of the
>contest!  And although the zone 05/04 problem happens less to US operators
>than DX, it is only because we don't work you as often.....
>
>73, Dave Clemons K1VUT

If you are using TR-Log you just type the number key
for the zone that the station sends and the program
deletes the old zone and puts the new one in its place.

Yet another reason to use TR-Log.  :-)

--

George Fremin III          "I'm talkin' 'bout that outlaw X
Austin, Texas                It's cuttin' through the air.... "