[TRLog] Sprint - feature suggestion...

Subject: [TRLog] Sprint - feature suggestion...
From: rrossi@btv.ibm.com (Ronald D Rossi)
Date: Tue, 08 Sep 1998 12:51:38 -0400
>>>"Scott A. Stembaugh" said:
>
> On  7 Sep 98 at 0:08, Doug Smith W9WI wrote:
>

> > Tree, can you set a trap to send "HEY DUMMY, WAKE UP" in CW if
> > someone tries to work the NAQP during a Sprint & vice-versa???
> >
> > 73 Doug
>
> Or better yet...TR checks the system date and compares it to a table
> of contest schedules and configures for the right one automagically.
> Tree updates the program often enough he ought to be able to keep
> this current.  If there are more than one contest for a given date
> you get a selection screen when you start.  To do test runs you
> adjust your system date to match the contest weekend.
>
> --scott
> N9LJX (with tongue planted firmly in cheek)

Funny stuff Scott. Do you work for MS? >;)

Seriously though to solve the problem I (and others) run each contest from a
different directory off of \LOG. The path is set to point to \LOG so TR can be
run from anywhere. The contest subdirectories each contain a LOGCFG.DAT
specific of the contest that year/semester/quarter. For me the CW Sprint which
I did not participate in was in the \LOG\SPRINT\CWSEP98 directory. The use of
a "common.cfg" really helps keep the LOGCFG.DAT contest specific.

--
73 de KK1L...ron (rrossi@btv.ibm.com) <><
QTH: Swanton, Vermont