[TRLog] State QSO Parties

Subject: [TRLog] State QSO Parties
From: n6tr@teleport.com (n6tr@teleport.com)
Date: Sun, 27 Sep 1998 08:45:22 -0700 (PDT)
>  I don't wish to slight the ops in Minnesota, however,I was interested how
> Minnesota QSO Party received a place in the standard contest list when
> Pennsylvania(one of the top two state QSO parties) never is considered.

Well - I disagree with "never is considered".  I did consider it on
at least two occasions.  I thought I had made it clear that having
non integer QSO point values was the issue.  The impact of this was
significant enough for me to throw in the towel.

As it turns out, the MQP sponsor came to be before their rules were
final and asked for my input.  I was able to make a couple of suggestions
which result in making the contest much easier to implement from a
software perspective.  Without those changes, I might have also decided
it was too hard to implement.

Tree