[TRLog] POST Question

Subject: [TRLog] POST Question
From: tom@halcyon.com (Tom Acree)
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 16:54:48 -0700 (PDT)
Just for the fun of it, I've set up TR 6.31 to work the Worked All Germany
contest this weekend.  TR is really impressive when it comes to
flexibility, and the manual does a decent job of listing available options
too.

The problem comes in when I'm trying to get POST to do the summary for my
WAG setup. I finally guessed right somewhere in LOGCFG.DAT and got POST
working more or less correctly.  (Looks like in one in the summary report
I'll need to edit "countries" to read "multipliers", but the math is
correct :-).)  But before I try setting up some other contest, I guess I'd
better take time to ask:

How does POST interact with TR-Log?  There's exactly one sentence in the
manual, "You will need to do this in the same directory you operated the
contest in so POST can examine your LOGCFG.DAT file." (p 50).  Somehow I
suspect there should be a full page of manual explanations <grin>.

Which commands in LOGCFG.DAT does POST look at?  Can I change that one
incorrect column heading ahead of time (maybe tweak LOGCFG a little more),
or should I just plan on editing the Summary?  Has there been any previous
discussion of working with POST (other than the usual breakage reports)?
Thanks!

Regards to all,

Tom  K7TG