[TRLog] new files

Subject: [TRLog] new files
From: k2av@qsl.net (Guy Olinger, K2AV)
Date: Mon, 02 Nov 1998 14:56:49 GMT
Hi Tree,

I'd like to second the idea of a command line override to program
default names and directories. I use a batch file (TR.BAT) which has
the year in it, and gets the contest name as an argument. I keep the
contests in /contests/[year]/[contest]/ directory. I start the program
with TR [contest], and the batch file does the CD's etc for me and
starts it up. Very easy to type:

tr cqws
tr cqwc
tr ssc
tr sss

etc. Also very easy to find stuff afterward or setup. I copy the
logcfg.dat file forward to the new directory and edit it for the new
contest. Once a year I edit the batch file for the new year.

Some of the suggestions I have seen would defeat this. If you do
something like that, I hope you will leave a command line argument so
that we're not forced to use the new name system if we don't want it.

I, for one, DON'T WANT THE STUFF FROM DIFFERENT CONTESTS MIXED UP IN
THE SAME DIRECTORY, and I hate underscores in arguments. I always seem
to mistype them, especially after I've been grogged by 36 hours of
contesting.

On Sun, 1 Nov 1998 23:19:47 -0500 , Jeff Tucker <JeffT@WCIAtl.com>
wrote:

>Tree, I'd suggest at a minimum adding an optional command line argument
>to specify the config file you're using. That way those of us who make
>batch files or whatever to get into the program during those
>middle-of-a-run reboot sessions, can get back into the program more
>quickly. You know:
>
>tr [contest]
>
>i.e. "tr arrl_ss" would start tr using the arrl_ss config file and the
>arrl_ss log files.
>
>Jeff
>
>--
>Jeff Tucker