[TRLog] Alt-D problem

Subject: [TRLog] Alt-D problem
From: k4ro@k4ro.net (K4RO Kirk Pickering)
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 09:12:35 -0600 (CST)
> So - when this Alt-D problem occurs - does the program actually hang,
> or is it just that the computer continues to make some noise?

I still have not seen the original posting that started this
discussion.  Wonder if it was ever sent to the list?

I forgot to mention in my last post that when the Alt-D lockup
occurred, the computer speaker emitted a continuous tone.

Actually, it got to the point where the tone alerted me that
I was totally locked up, and gave me a little "warning."  I'd
instantly re-boot, and hope the program was up in time for me
to send a reply with the paddles.  May have to wire in a second
parallel keyer so as to not lose paddles when the program locks up.

And to answer K1KY's query, I was using rig control on both radios
(IC-765 & IC-761.)