[TRLog] Can't abort CW immediately w/ Esc

Subject: [TRLog] Can't abort CW immediately w/ Esc
From: kk7gw@yahoo.com (David Jones)
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 1999 13:03:31 -0800 (PST)

---"Tim Totten, N4GN" <n4gn@iglou.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Jan 1999, R. Torsten Clay wrote:
>
> > There's also a slight delay of similar length between pushing a
function
> > key and the CW starting to send.
>
> Interesting.  I found THIS delay to be very annoying during NAQP, but
> didn't notice the "Esc" key delay.  Not sure if I had one problem
without
> the other, or if I just wasn't bothered by the latter.

The delay between F1, etc, and CW sending is a function of log size
and the # of interfaces.  During CQ WW CW at the W7RM M/M we
experienced heavy sending delays at times, to the point that in a big
run it was better to switch to the paddles.

This happened with thousands of QSO's, and was worst when a) a packet
spot came in, b) a talk message from another station came in, and c)
when a QSO was logged from another station.

In other words, whenever the network was being used.  This is probably
a mixture of network delays, log size, and CPU/Disk speed.

I have not experienced any Esc delays (up to V 6.34)

73
==
David Jones, KK7GW
kk7gw@yahoo.com