[TRLog] ARRL CW and new 930 CPU board

Subject: [TRLog] ARRL CW and new 930 CPU board
From: N7DR@arrl.net (D. R. Evans)
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 1999 12:15:26 -0600
FYI:

Except for two unrepeatable weirdnesses, the new 930 board worked
flawlessly with TR all weekend.

The only slightly worrying one was the first time I operated S&P split;
when the station finally came back to me I hit the enter key to send the
exchange and log the contact, and both VFOs suddenly darted to 14.500. I
tried to reproduce the problem but couldn't. (And no, it wasn't RF; the
longest ground line in my basement shack is about four feet before it
buries itself in the soil; I've never seen a trace of stray RF in the
shack).

I'm still running the original firmware; the current firmware would
probably make it even more pleasant. (I'm still waiting for Chris to make
an adapter available that will allow me to download new firmware. I love
the board too much to want to take it out and have him reprogram it.)

  Doc  N7DR

D.R. Evans N7DR / G4AMJ                      N7DR@arrl.net

"Palindor Chronicles" information and extracts:
   http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR/drevans.htp