[TRLog] RE: TNC270 Packet Problems Final (I think)

Subject: [TRLog] RE: TNC270 Packet Problems Final (I think)
From: jlangdon@outer.net (John Langdon)
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 16:21:56 -0600
I tried all combinations of speeds, character length, parity, and stop
bits, with no joy.    I tried the AUTOBAUD ON option which requires a *
character to sync with, and it worked fine with the other terminal programs
at 4800 baud but still would not work with TR.  For all of these tests I
used "flow control" OFF on the serial port.  I have subsequently learned
this afternoon from Drake that the TR270/TNC270 combo is "hardwired" for
9600-N-1-RTS/CTS.  I don't think TR can handle the RTS/CTS handshaking.  I
am going to try to dig up another TNC for use this weekend.  I think I can
get a KPC3 or 3+, and I think they will work.  If we're going to be
multi-op, we might as well get the spots working!

Thanks to all that tried to help me.  I will report further if I get it to
work.

73 John N5CQ

What TNC are you using?  I thought just about ANY TNC could be
set to 1200 bauds, and usually 4800 as well... even the DCE
(TNC-to-PC) rate.

73 - Tom Hammond   N0SS

What kind of tnc do you have?  Usually ABAUD command in the CMD mode allows
you to slow it down.  I have not had a new TNC for sometime so maybe 9600
is
base rate.  ABUAD does it for the KAM and the MFJ 1270/1274 as far as I
remember.  4800 is the speed I use with TR.  All seems to work well.  I
have
used both a KAM and the MFJ TNC's.  73 and good luck de Barry

Unless things have changed, you can only run in 8-bit mode with No Parity
and 2 Stop Bits, or 7-bits plus Even Parity and 1 Stop Bit.  Nothing else
will work.  Tree, has anything changed recently?  I haven't been scanning
the manual in awhile (or the release notes.)
73 de Steve K6AW

Am I hosed, or can TR
> possibly support 9600 like page 39 says?

Should work - are you sure you need EIGHT BIT PACKET PORT?
Tree

It might work at 9600 - Tree has gotten it to work at his house.
George Fremin III