[TRLog] Re: Space bar in lock up in GRID Loc contest

Subject: [TRLog] Re: Space bar in lock up in GRID Loc contest
From: n6tr@teleport.com (n6tr@teleport.com)
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 1999 21:32:52 -0700 (PDT)
> I found it!   START SENDING NOW KEY = ;  stops the space bar working in Grid
> loc.
>
> To check this out!   Try the simple set-up below.
>
> I welcome you comments.
>
> MY CALL = G0SAH
> CONTEST =  GRID LOC
> DISPLAY MODE = COLOR
> CONTEST NAME = HF Locator Squares
> COMPUTER ID = A
> TEN MINUTE RULE = TIME OF FIRST QSO
>
> START SENDING NOW KEY = ;

Yup - it sure does.  The reason for this is that the ; character is
a way to put a note into the LOGCFG.DAT file, so it gets ignored -
and thus you end up with a SPACE for the start sending now key.

Since the space is intercepted for this purpose (even though it doesn't
actually do anything at this time), it doesn't get processed as a
real space.

I will fix this in the next release so that if you have something like
"= ;" in your statement, it won't think it is a comment.

Tree