[TRLog] Manual 6.39

Subject: [TRLog] Manual 6.39
From: N7DR@arrl.net (D. R. Evans)
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 13:17:47 -0600
Love it or hate it, the latest release of the manual is now available on
the TR home page.

Someone (sorr, I forget who) told me that the PDF file should be much
closer in size to the ZIP, and I discovered that there's a compression
setting in Distiller that allows the production of much smaller PDF files.

For this release, there are both PDF and ZIP files available, but the
difference in size is only about 10%, so in future I expect that I'll only
do the PDF.

Here's the change log:

990418
Added installation screenshots.
Improved formatting in 8.2.
Editorial and formatting changes to Chapter 9.
Added tables to Appendix B
Added new chapter 2
First draft of N0SS wiring diagram
Added table: error numbers
Reworked section 8.1
Added table of receiver addresses
Table of band information from radio
Changed SCP MINIMUM LETTERS to SCP MINIMUM CHARACTERS in 6.4
Changed Section 8 to Section 8.1; reworked it.
Added copyright message on page 1
Reworked Section 7.2
Synchronised to TR 6.39.

-----

Please note the following caveat:

Some of the internal references are off by one chapter (e.g. a reference to
section 7.1 should be interpreted as section 8.1 if 7.1 doesn't appear to
be the right one). This is a (temporary) artifact: when I received the
manual from Tree, all the references were hard wired. Now I have added an
extra chapter, so the references that follow that chapter are incorrect. I
am working on making the references soft, so that they track such changes
automatically, but it's a real headache (and very boring work), so I hope
you'll bear with me while the change is made. I did quite a few this time
around, but I know there's a lot more to do.

  Doc  N7DR

D.R. Evans N7DR / G4AMJ                      N7DR@arrl.net

"Palindor Chronicles" information and extracts:
   http://www.sff.net/people/N7DR/drevans.htp