[TRLog] Keyer Cable

Subject: [TRLog] Keyer Cable
From: dl2zav@online.de (Udo Lautenbach DL2ZAV)
Date: Mon, 10 May 1999 23:06:39 +0200

Probably everybody knows, but again I can't keep my mouth shut:

>Darryl:
>
>>One other note. My FT-990 has two keyer jacks, and I found I can
>>also use my paddles through an external keyer. This seems simpler than
>>another cable to the computer just for paddle keying. Am I missing
>>something, some features of the program, or is this acceptable? Thanks to
>>everybody again.
>>73,
>>Darryl, KK5IB

I use the paddles with TR because the paddle CW comes out at the same speed
as the computer CW (I very much disliked it the ohter way round with my old
logging program that didn't support this) and because I can break in with
the paddles when again I hit a wrong key and TR sends nonsense.

N0SS:
>having to use the longer
>than normal delay meant that we almost always truncated (or completely
>MISSED) the first element of the other stations reply (because he
>replied to us before the delay let up.

That's why I have DE ENABLE set to true - hoping the other station's RX is
on after the "de" which can also help him to sync on my weak signal.
--
73, Udo
dl2zav@online.de     dl2zav@qsl.net