[TRLog] CW Keying Problem

Subject: [TRLog] CW Keying Problem
From: matt@qrq.com (Max George)
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 09:29:15 -0600
Here is a message that I posted to the list back in 1996 (when I was
AB7GM)... this was a hokey work around for the serial keying interface
in Windows 95 when running TR at a DOS prompt.  This still may be an
issue on some computers.  Here is the explaination again: (change all
references of LOG to TR, ;) )

Good Luck! mg NG7M

I have been using LOG with Windows 95 since Windows 95 was in Beta. The
=
only issue I had back then was a problem initializing the serial port =
when using the CW keying interface. I was using the serial interface at
=
the time and had to copy some data to the comm port before running LOG.
=
If I didn't do this, the serial keying interface wouldn't work. I would
=
simply copy my config.sys file (or some other text file) to the comm =
port: 'copy config.sys com1:' (at a DOS prompt in Windows 95) this would
=
generate a 'error writting to device com1:'. I would then abort the =
error and then run LOG and the keying problem was gone, everything =
worked great.

Soon after this, I made a parallel keying interface and started using =
the parallel port to do my keying. There were no side effects in =
Windows 95 when using the parallel interface. It worked great. I think =
I remember having this same problem on a machine with the release =
version of Windows 95, so I don't think it was a problem with my =
machine.

Anyway, LOG works fine with Windows 95.

CUL

Max AB7GM