[TRLog] Shift key problem

Subject: [TRLog] Shift key problem
From: Clive_Whelan@compuserve.com (Clive Whelan)
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 1999 18:47:21 -0400
Having worked WPX, hardly touching the FT1000MP, by dint of tuning on the
shift keys, I thought I would take things a step forward this w/e in Field
day ( from home) by not taking my eyes off the screen.

Since inevitably the monitor is not quite in my field of view when looking
at the transceiver, I am not crucially aware of the band map unless I move
my eyes up, also anything else which appears here dynamically.

However this quest failed on two counts, both apparently associated with
screen updating

1. The band map spot transferred to the call window does not decay
until/unless the shift keys are released.

2. Similarly the frequency display does not update either.

Particularly in view of 2 therefore, I still had to keep looking down at
the display. (I know David/G3YXX will be thinking " been there, done that"
!) which is a pain. Is there any possibility in the future that the screen
could be updated more quickly ( clearly dependent ultimately on the poll
rate), or is this a fundamental  technical limitation?

73

Clive
GW3NJW

Written Sun, 06 Jun 1999 18:05