[TRLog] Re: Intermittant FT-1000

Subject: [TRLog] Re: Intermittant FT-1000
From: jbattin@email.msn.com (John Battin)
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 17:49:40 -0500
OK...I think I found out why I was having trouble getting it to work. After
Windows installs the com ports, they are apparently available for windows
programs but "shut-down and run dos" does not result in a clean boot to the
new configuration. If I get the ports set right in windows and do a shut
down and re-start then when I do the "restart in dos" it works. I was
advised by w5fuv to not get into dos that way but use f8, which I am doing
now.  So now I need to see if it going to quit again.  Is there a problem
because  I let the hard drive shut down while everything  is running ??? Is
this a problem??What do you recomend ??? Thanks soooo much to you and the
others.  John  K9DX