[TRLog] Icom 775 interface

Subject: [TRLog] Icom 775 interface
From: W1HIJCW@aol.com (W1HIJCW@aol.com)
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 1999 23:52:48 EDT
Hi all,

I have an opportunity to use an icom 775 instead of my normal TS940 for the
upcoming IARU 'test and have run into a minor problem or two.

I have the icom ct17 level converter and the radio seems to talk to computer
OK. But, If I have "RADIO ONE TRACKING ENABLE = TRUE" then the computer seems
to think it should always be on SSB rather than the mode I choose. If I set
RADIO ONE TRACKING ENABLE = FALSE, then the computer will stay where I put it
(modewise), but will not respond to changes from the radio buttons.

In addition, the frequency display, just below the band/mode display, seems
to lag by a couple of seconds the changes in dial display and when left alone
for 15 or 20 seconds, the frequency display disappears. Finally, no matter
what setting I use for RADIO ONE TRACKING ENABLE, trlog does not recognize
band changes from the radio.

ICOM COMMAND PAUSE and RESPONSE TIMEOUT are set to defaults.

Computer is a 386/387 29 MHz machine. Radio is com 1 and packet is com 2.
When I run trlog in a 'test, the machine is running DOS 6.22

Address on the 775 is default (46h), and the interface speed on the radio is
set to 4800.

Com1 is set to 4800/none/8/2

Any thoughts/suggestions/clues would be appreciated.

73, Bill
W1HIJ (aka /6)