[TRLog] Config file wierdness

Subject: [TRLog] Config file wierdness
From: geoiii@kkn.net (George Fremin III)
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 04:41:17 -0700 (PDT)
K5zm@aol.com writes:

>       I'm setting up 6.42 for IARU and am having a bugger of a time getting
> TR to recognize that I'm in zone 6.

Does it socre the QSOs correctly?

> I've tried putting the MY ZONE = 6 both before and after the CONTEST
> statement in my cfg file, but it doesn't seem to matter: the sim still sends
> zone 7 and ^J confirms this.

I think you mean the CW memories send 5nn 6 as your exchange.

> Any words of wisdom??

If you set your callsign as K5ZM/7 then the CW memories will be setup
with 5nn 6.  This will also set the scoring up correctly.

If you do not want to send K5ZM/7 all weekend you will have to
edit all of the CW messages taht contain your callsign.

I would suggest that you do this:

1. Set MY CALLSIGN = K5ZM
2. Set MY ZONE = 6
3. Edit all of the CW messages that send your report - as there
   are less of them to edit - than if you edit your callsign.

This will make sure your log is scored correctly and also
let you send 5NN 6 for an report.

--

George Fremin III
Johnson City, Texas             "Experiment trumps theory."