[TRLog] keyboard problems (WAE QTCs and others)

Subject: [TRLog] keyboard problems (WAE QTCs and others)
From: dl2zav@online.de (Udo Lautenbach DL2ZAV)
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 1999 22:29:45 +0200
Has anybody else encountered these problems:

1) Alt-A,R,T,C,N in WAE QTC receive routine work only with USE BIOS KEY
CALLS =TRUE
When = FALSE, the question is only sent when pressing it three times, I get
strange control characters on the QTC line for the first two keypresses.
This is independent of the keyboard driver used (see below).
- As usual I found the reason for this only AFTER the contest, had to use
paddles instead -

2) This probably is special for German keyboards:
' (apostrophe - which is Shift-# on a German keyboard) to send a packet spot
does not work with KEYB GR of Microsoft's KEYBOARD.SYS (Win95b 05-09-96
11:11). It does work with a small shareware keyboard driver (of 1994). This
is independent of the USE BIOS KEY CALLS setting.
--
73, Udo
dl2zav@online.de     dl2zav@qsl.net