[TRLog] wae wish list

Subject: [TRLog] wae wish list
From: n6tr@teleport.com (n6tr@teleport.com)
Date: 26 Aug 1999 12:22:37 -0000
> 1. The ability to start the QTC rx sequence without sending QTC? It would be
> nice to be able to just open the window and be ready to start the data
> input. The reason for this is that you may be asked if you want to receive a
> qtc at the end of a qso and all you can do is send QTC? in order to start
> the sequence this seems a bit stupid as the other op has already asked you
> the question. Even the ability to abort the cw message with esc would be
> useful, then I can send a fill with the paddles.

This is actually a bug.  ESCAPE should abort the QTC? CW message, but
still leave you in a position to continue on with the operation.  I have
fixed this for the next release.

I think using ESCAPE is the best approach here - anything else would
be counter intuitive and you wouldn't use a "start a QTC without sending
QTC?" command enough to remember it.

> 2 It would be nice for the control-ent to work for the QTC input thus not
> sending the R after each QTC. With TR at present you cannot ask for all the
> data to be sent without breaks which happens on occasions. Sometimes an op
> will ask for all the QTCs without breaks to speed up the traffic and TR
> makes this impossible at the moment.

I was hoping Alt-K could be used to mute the CW - but it appears not.

However, both Alt-K and Control-Enter will now function when receiving
QTCs (in the next release).  The QSL message will not be sent as well
if you have disabled CW with Alt-K.

I should probably do the same when you are sending QTCs.

> The above small fixes together with the ability to edit the QTC line during
> entry would really clean things up from the EU side.

I work on that the next time I can't sleep.

> Any comments ?

Thanks for the good ideas.

Tree