[TRLog] How to expand the LCD DOS screen on IBM ThinkPad

Subject: [TRLog] How to expand the LCD DOS screen on IBM ThinkPad
From: n0ss@earthlink.net (Tom Hammond - N0SS)
Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 10:41:43 -0500
Greetings

This is for those of you who may be using an IBM ThinkPad for your
contest logging computer and can't figure out how to make the DOS
screen cover the entire LCD screen (by default, the DOS screen
covers only about 80% of the available screen):

(The procedure below assumes that you've not deleted all those
'unneeded' default icons from your Win95/98 Desktop)

>From your desktop, click on the ThinkPad folder:

  Click on the ThinkPad icon

    Click on ThinkPad Features

      Click on Display (Icon 2nd from top left on my version)

        This should present a window named 'LCD/External Monitor'

        Click on Advanced

          This should present a window named 'Display Advanced Setup'

            Under Screen Expansion, click Enable, then click OK

Exit from ThinkPad Features

Exit to DOS and your DOS screen should now encompass the entire width
of the available LCD screen.

Sure makes using TRLog (and I'm sure others as well) a lot more
enjoyable to view and use.

Done!

73 - Tom  'SS