[TRLog] crashes

Subject: [TRLog] crashes
From: n6tr@teleport.com (n6tr@teleport.com)
Date: 12 Sep 1999 16:12:10 -0000
>     Operating the September VHF QSO Party this weekend...  version 6.42...
>
> and...
>
> I've had about two dozen lock ups.  They all follow one of two patterns:
>
> Right after I enter and commit a complete exchange, the computer spontaneously
> reboots.  When I get back into TR, the QSO I was logging is still there,
> but band/mode is 6CW, regardless of where I was before.
>
> Right after entering and committing a complete exchange, the computer locks up
> hard, there are a few random characters on the screen, and the country window
> always says "ited States."  When I reboot and get back into TR, the QSO I was
> logging is still there, but band/mode is 6CW, regardless of where I was
> before.

My best guess with this data is it something to do with the TRMASTER
file.  There were some fixes in 6.43 to improve the stability of
TRMASTER operation that might explain what you have seen.

I will sniff around and see if the "ited States" clue fits one of the
possible known failure mechanisms.

Tree