[TRLog] TS-940 Interfacing

Subject: [TRLog] TS-940 Interfacing
From: W1HIJCW@aol.com (W1HIJCW@aol.com)
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 1999 20:45:24 EDT
In a message dated 10/16/99 13:33:24 Pacific Daylight Time,
mwattcpa@earthlink.net writes:

>  The SHIFT to change VFO still
>  doesn't work -- very slow and not useful.

Marty,

My 940 does exactly the same thing with the shift keys. The problem ("cause")
is the fact that the microprocessor in the 940 runs at a terribly (in
relative terms) slow speed. After experimenting and querying people over the
last 2 years since I've been using TR and the 940, I've come to the
conclusion that there's nothing to be done. The continuation of frequency
shift after release of the shift key is caused by the same characteristic.
The buffer fills up with "shift" commands and the 940 continues to execute
until the buffer is emptied.

Regarding the beep, there's nothing to be done except turn down the beep
volume with the pot inside the radio (on the underside) or locate the control
line for the beep and disable it.

I also found that the TRLog switch called "No Polling during PTT" (under
control J) should also be set to True to avoid strange partial CW characters
being sent.  :>)

Nonetheless, the combination of TRLog and the 940 is a great one.

GL/73,
Bill, W1HIJ