[TRLog] SS On/Off Times

Subject: [TRLog] SS On/Off Times
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L. Martin)
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 18:32:35 -0500

>> I dont recall seeing this is addressed on the reflector.
>>
>> In reviewing the Cabrillo format in the Nov QST, I didnt see any
fields
>> reserved for on/off times.  How is everyone planning on dealing
with that
>> issue in the SS?
>
>I think the plan was for the log checking software to determine the
>operating time based upon the log itself.  However, since listening
>time counts as operating time, I don't see how this can be done.

Seems straightforward to me, Tree.  The rules say "periods may not be
less than 30 minutes in length."

Any 30 minute or more time gap is an off-time.  Anything less is
on-time and the clock is running.

>I have raised this issue with the spec owner.  I think at a minimum,
>there should be a field in the summary sheet for the operator to
>enter how much time they think they operated.

Will TRLog have a feature to include the on/off times in the summary
sheet automatically?  With the \on and \off commands, that would be an
easy thing to do.  But, then, I'm not the programmer....

73,
dale, kg5u