[TRLog] Many small issues -

Subject: [TRLog] Many small issues -
From: n6tr@teleport.com (n6tr@teleport.com)
Date: 4 Nov 1999 04:42:41 -0000
Well - good news!  I have satisfactory answers to most of the little
issues that were bugging me this morning.

As I explained before, the missing exchange information was already
fixed in 6.45.  The floppy save problem will happen if you have a
blank line in the editable log window.

And now, the small delay when pressing F1 to call CQ has been isolated.
This was being seen on an older computer (something like a 286?) with
no extended memory and no disk cache.  There is a very small difference
in the code that is executed when pressing F1 (as opposed to RETURN) to
call CQ.  This minor change results in more activity with the overlay
file - and on a machine without a disk cache and extended memory, this
delay will be noticable.

The difference from previous versions is a result of including more
of the program in the overlay file and also shrinking the overlay
file some.  I kept optimizing things until I started seeing a
performance difference with my 486, and then backed off a little.
However, I didn't back off enough to prevent some degradation of
performance with a slower machine.

If anyone else notices this, I can send you a patched version of
TR that should eliminate the problem for now.  I will back off on
the optimization a little on the next release.

So - at this point in time - I am not aware of any significant bugs
with 6.45 that need to be fixed before the SS.  Whew!!  There will
not be a release unless something comes up during the next 12 hours.

73 Tree