[TRLog] A good compromise?

Subject: [TRLog] A good compromise?
From: wehlgc@bellatlantic.net (Ed Himwich/Letitia Carlson)
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 20:38:40 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas M. Schaefer <toms@inconnect.com>
To: trlog@contesting.com <trlog@contesting.com>
Date: Friday, November 05, 1999 2:59 PM
Subject: Re: [TRLog] A good compromise?

>Could there be a feature for TR to reread the log and recalculate the
>totals. This could be done if the date/time of the log file changed from
>what TR thought it should be after its last update. In other words,

Isn't this the "tr read file" command line start-up option? I'm
experimenting with this to fix my hand-entered WW log transcribed from
DX4WIN. Once I discover all the typos (groan, I'll never make this mistake
again) I think I can use this feature to recalculate the multipliers. It
isn't very fast though so you probably wouldn't want to use it to
recalculate the running totals during a contest (let's see, stop TR, edit
the log by hand, rename it, delete restart.bin (i think) and then "tr read
file"). On my pentium 266 it seemed to take about 30 seconds for the first
100 QSOs. I haven't tried yet to see if deleting TRMASTER.DTA would speed it
up, but you probably wouldn't want to do that during a contest.

73, Ed N3HXQ