[TRLog] Re: TRLog Digest V2 #268

Subject: [TRLog] Re: TRLog Digest V2 #268
From: spamfree@yahoo.com (Dave Bushong)
Date: Sat, 06 Nov 1999 05:15:09 -0500
At 11:45 PM 11/5/99 -0500, kg5u wrote:

>Date: Fri, 5 Nov 1999 22:44:52 -0600
>From: "Dale L. Martin" <kg5u@hal-pc.org>
>Subject: Re: [TRLog] edit during test??
>
> >I learned that when my score was reduced
> >27% by Tree es others (or their software) during the last cw ss.
>Look es
> >fix after the test to avoid BIG score reductions for the busted call
> >syndrome found by busted call s/w!
>
>Yup.  We're up against technology!  It's US vs THEM!
>
>Back when I was an electronics technician apprentice in soldering
>[...]
>  I took the
>soldered pieces up to the instructor for his inspection and he puts
>them under a microscope!!!  With a smile, he points out the
>deficiencies: cracks that look like the Grand Canyon.
>[...]Yup.  Copy those calls and exchanges real, real well.....

Non-hams ask me what good a contest does, particularly something like Field
Day.  I compare it to the tremendous amount of traffic that I handled right
after a Mexico City earthquake, or during a hurricane in Florida where I
happened to be the only ham with a radio in a particular shelter.  Although
there is a ton of traffic going through, it's really important that you get
every message correct.  Making a mistake in transcribing the message "We
are all OK" could drastically alter its meaning and cause unnecessary
heartache for someone's relatives.

So yes, copy the exchanges really well!

73,
Dave KZ1O