[TRLog] Re: TR ICOM SERIAL INTERFACE - a further tidbit

Subject: [TRLog] Re: TR ICOM SERIAL INTERFACE - a further tidbit
From: CarlWClawson@cs.com (CarlWClawson@cs.com)
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 22:55:04 EST
A couple days ago I noted this behavior in 6.44 & 45. From my previous
message:
> The frequency won't read out on the TRLog display, and the band
> displays as NONSSB or NONCW with an
> occasional NONFM thrown in. The rig will respond to mode changes and
> occasionally a band change from the computer, but that's about it.

> Clue: a band change will always send you to either 160M or 80M no matter
> where you start.

Further noted in 6.45: I set RADIO ONE TRACKING ENABLE = FALSE to avoid NONCW
band indications in the sweepstakes. The computer can now set band, mode, and
frequency OK. However, it doesn't remember where you were on the band/mode if
you leave it & come back.

Sure looks like a software problem to me. It began with the TRLog version
that had the fix for ICOM rigs displaying above 100 MHz. Thought the
observations might help debug it.

Carl
ws7l@arrl.net