[TRLog] Packet and Multi

Subject: [TRLog] Packet and Multi
From: n6tr@teleport.com (n6tr@teleport.com)
Date: 19 Nov 1999 15:01:31 -0000

A few multi-multi stations had problems when running packet and the
network during the last CQ WW contest.  I feel I have the tools I
need to reproduce and solve the problem.  However, I need some more
information so I know what to try.

If you were using multiple computers with packet connected, I would
appreciate answers to the following questions - even if you didn't
experience any problems.

1. How many computers are in your network?
2. Describe each one (processor speed - hard disk size).  What options
   were installed (DVP, DVK, radio interfaces).  Which computer had the
   packet interface(s)?
3. How was your packet interface achieved? (telnet, TNC or ???).
4. What was the baud rate of your packet interface.
5. Describe any problems you saw.
6. If you had problems - did they happen during busy times - or slows
times - or all times?
7. Describe any hangs that occurred and any error information displayed.
8. If you kept a packet file - please send me a copy.
9. Are you available to do any testing over this upcoming weekend?
   If so, how can I get in touch with you if I have something I want
   you to try.

Hopefully, we can improve the performance for the CQ WW CW contest.

Tree