[TRLog] FUBAH at N6XI during Phone SS

Subject: [TRLog] FUBAH at N6XI during Phone SS
From: scott73@best.com (scott73@best.com)
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 09:34:38
I always use TR-Log when I have a choice.  This past weekend, I had to use
CT because the host of the multi-op was a CT user.

>N6XI Multiop SS SSB had 650 x about 70 when we lost the logs to a computer
>crash.  The log file
>(using the latest CT) was called ssssb99.bin. Around 9:30 Saturday night,
>the program got flakey and complained about the structure of the multipliers
>file. Scott, who was operating at the time, quit the program and found that
>the name of the binary file had been corrupted (an unprintable character
>replaced the "b".) When I got home I did further research and found several
>other corrupted file names and a loop in the directory structure. Using
>b2r9, we retrieved the first 23 QSOs (of about 650 logged at the time of
>failure). Rename and copy commands don't work on the name- and FAT-corrupted
>bin file. SCANDISK created a couple dozen salvage files.
>
>/Rick N6XI

 (the computer was an IBM Thinkpad)

 (the host thought the log was being backed up to the floppy drive every
hour.  Unfortunately, it was not being backed up at all)

  Is this revenge from TR-Log Inc.  for getting a callsign which advertises
Tree's major competitior?

                Scott  W6CT