[TRLog] Win Installation

Subject: [TRLog] Win Installation
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 18:38:23 +0000
At 11:30 AM 11/26/99 -0600, Ron Simonton wrote:

>I just QSO'd Andy, EA8CN who is trying to get an older version...6.2x
>running on a system using Win98.  He said he was getting a run time errer on
>start up when attempting to run in a DOS window.  Since I use a DOS system
>for my Test PC, I haven't a clue for suggestions.
>
>Is he trying to do the impossible with a 6.2x release?

Why not suggest to him that he start the PC using an earlier DOS on a
floppy.  Should solve any possible problem, though I know I've run 6.2 era
rel;eases in a DOS wqindow on 95 without difficulty.
It's more likely that his copy of the program is corrupted, though.

73, Pete Smith N4ZR
n4zr@contesting.com

Sometimes a tower is just a tower