[TRLog] Re: TRLog Digest V2 #291

Subject: [TRLog] Re: TRLog Digest V2 #291
From: w9wi@bellsouth.net (Doug Smith)
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 05:31:49 -0600
> > In S&P it will not escape from exchange or QSL message until half through.
>
> Please describe the keystrokes you are using.
>
> Are you using a big TRMASTER file?
>
> Do you have SMARTDRV running?

In my case, I do have SMARTDRV running and yes, with the C+ parameter.
I was only using 30 FILES and BUFFERS but increased to 128 and 40 with
no effect.  TRMASTER.DTA is just short of 1MB.  I have not tried it with
this disabled.

In my case, the most reliable way to demonstrate the situation is to
enter S&P mode.  Put a call in the call window, and hit Enter.  It sends
your call & stuffs his zone in the exchange window.  Now, hit Enter
again, then immediately hit Escape.  In my case, it will send most of my
S&P exchange before aborting in the middle of my zone.

FWIW, the display in the upper right shows roughly 107K of free memory.
--
Doug Smith W9WI
Pleasant View (Nashville), TN EM66