[TRLog] Making a trmaster file

Subject: [TRLog] Making a trmaster file
From: geoiii@kkn.net (George Fremin III)
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 21:30:12 -0800 (PST)
Jeffrey Rymer writes:

> I wanted to make a trmaster file for the upcoming 10 meter contest from past
> 10 meters contest. The problem I see is that when I put a state side call in
> the state pops in right away from last years contact. When I put a DX
> contact in there from last year in puts the DX country in. The contest only
> asked for serial numbers only for dx and with the dx country prefix in there
> I have to back it out and put the number in there to make it right. Is there
> a way to keep the computer from inserting the dx country in this spot and
> only insert states. Thanks for your help and 73 Jeff N9PQU

One thing you can do is set this setting.

INITIAL EXCHANGE CURSOR POS = AT START

This will put the cursor before the QTH and this might make it
eaiser to type over.

The other thing would be to turn off the Initial exhcange and
use the USER INFO SHOWN command instead.

You will get to see what is in the TRMASTER file - but it
will not put it in the exchange field.

--

George Fremin III          "I'm talkin' 'bout that outlaw X
Johnson City, TX             It's cuttin' through the air.... "