[TRLog] different QSO-Points per Band

Subject: [TRLog] different QSO-Points per Band
From: dl2zav@online.de (Udo Lautenbach DL2ZAV)
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 1999 22:58:39 +0100
Lieber Peter,

I reply on the reflector, as some others might be interested, and therefore
I write in English.

I didn't find a contest with suitable QSO point method, but as you won't be
changing bands very often, you might try this, which is just an idea and not
tested:

1) Make up a HB9XMAS.CFG:

MY CALL = HB9CMI
CONTEST = HELVETIA
DISPLAY MODE = COLOR
QSO POINT METHOD = TWO POINTS PER QSO
BAND = 80
MULTIPLE BANDS = FALSE

2) Make up a file called   40   (with no extension - just to save
keystrokes):

MULTIPLE BANDS = TRUE
QSO POINT METHOD = THREE POINTS PER QSO

3) Make up a file called   80   (with no extension):

MULTIPLE BANDS = TRUE
QSO POINT METHOD = TWO POINTS PER QSO

4) Make up a file called   OK   (with no extension):

MULTIPLE BANDS = FALSE

5) Start QSOing on 80 m. You will be locked to this band. To change band,
press Ctrl-V,
type   40   <RETURN>, press Alt-B to go to 40, press Ctrl-V, type   OK
<RETURN>, which will change QSO points and lock you to 40. Vice versa (80,
Alt-V, OK) to change back. If you leave and restart the program, do a band
change procedure first to set the correct QSO points again.

If you can remember never to change band without Ctrl-V (I could not), you
can of course omit the MULTIPLE BANDS stuff and the OK file and procedure to
save keystrokes.

Udo
dl2zav@online.de     dl2zav@qsl.net