[TRLog] FT1000MP Users

Subject: [TRLog] FT1000MP Users
From: W1HIJCW@aol.com (W1HIJCW@aol.com)
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 22:05:46 EST
Hi Tom,

Just a quick response to your FT1KMP filter question. While I'm not an owner,
I've done several contests with the MP (ARRL DX CW twice as W1HIJ and used
the MP as the mult station radio for CQWW CW at KG6OK). The most effective
combination seemed to be 500 Hz (or 400Hz Inrad) in both IF's with occasional
need for the 250 in the 3rd IF in combination with 500 in the second. Hardly
ever felt the desire for the 250 in the 2nd. I could have lived without the
250, but it was helpful sometimes. A worthwhile addition is the narrow filter
for the sub-receiver for split operation (it saves your ears).

I've only done one phone ("yuck") contest with the MP (a WPX contest) and I
wished I had the 2.0 for at least the 3rd IF. DSP just didn't cut it, but
then I'm not a big fan of DSP filters anyway.

CUL/73,
Bill, W1HIJ (/6)